The Illuminating Ideas Scholarship
THE ILLUMINATING IDEAS SCHOLARSHIP
Now accepting applications for the 2016 Illuminating Ideas Scholarship Award
Westway Electric Supply is excited to re-launch our scholarship opportunity for high school and college students in pursuit of the undergraduate degree. To enter, answer this question: How is your school currently wasting energy , and what can you do to fix it? Describe at least three ways your school is currently wasting or misusing energy, and provide realistic solutions for each.
The winner will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship during the Spring semester of 2016.
Congrats to Daniel R. of Loyola University Chicago, the recipient of the 2015 Westway Electric Supply $1,000 Scholarship!
Learn More - Scholarship Details:
Scholarship Award Amount
Spring Semester - Thursday, May 12, 2016
How To Apply
- Write a 500-1,000 word paper that discusses three of the ways your school is currently wasting or misusing energy, and provide realistic opportunities that your school can use to be more energy-efficient.
- Send your letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information in the body of your email:
First Name & Last Name
Academic Standing as of Spring ‘16 (Freshman, Sophomore, etc.), and major (if applicable).
- Format: Send only Microsoft Word document entries, with the file name “FirstName_LastName_MMDDYY”. Only entries submitted in this format will be considered.
All three steps must be accurately completed for consideration.
Your letters will be judged by our management staff on the following criteria:
- Clarity of message
- Grammar and spelling
Rules & Eligibility Requirements:
- You must be a graduating senior in high school or currently enrolled in an undergraduate program with an expected graduation no earlier than December 2016.
- We reserve the right to verify the date of high school graduation or college enrollment.
- Once submitted, your entry will become property of Westway Electric Supply and can be used by Westway Electric Supply for any purpose.
- Only one entry per student permitted. Only the latest entry will be considered.
- Entries containing plagiarized material or off-topic content will result in disqualification.
Share this Scholarship with your friends: