The Illuminating Ideas Scholarship
Now accepting applications for the 2015 Illuminating Ideas Scholarship Award
Westway Electric Supply is excited to relaunch our scholarship opportunity for high school and university students who are in pursuit of an undergraduate degree. Instead of writing another essay explaining why you deserve this scholarship, we want to get your creative juices flowing. Write a hypothetical letter to your school administrators persuading them to install energy efficient lighting in your school’s stadium, arena, or basketball court. We will be sending the most persuasive letters to school administrators, so be sure to make a hard sell!
A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to one student in the Spring of 2015, and we encourage you to read more about the opportunity below.
Congratulations to Michael H. of Kittanning, PA, the recipient of the 2014 Westway Electric Supply $1,000 scholarship!
Scholarship Award Amount:
Spring Semester: Thursday April 30, 2015.
How to apply:
1) Write a 500-1,000 word persuasive letter to your school’s administration encouraging them to adopt energy efficient lighting fixtures in their sports arenas or stadiums (similar to what the Montreal Canadiens and Seattle Mariners did).
2) Send your letter to email@example.com and include the following information in the body of your email: First Name, Last Name, Current School, Academic Standing as of Spring ‘15 (Freshman, Sophomore, etc.), and major (if applicable).
3) Format: Send only Microsoft Word document entries, with the file name “FirstName_LastName_MMDDYY”. Only entries submitted in this format will be considered.
All three steps must be accurately completed for consideration.
Your letters will be judged by our management staff on the following criteria:
- Clarity of message
- Grammar and spelling
Rules & Eligibility Requirements:
- You must be a graduating senior in high school or currently enrolled in an undergraduate program with an expected graduation no earlier than December 2015.
- We reserve the right to verify the date of high school graduation or college enrollment.
- Once submitted, your letter will become property of Westway Electric Supply and can be used by Westway Electric Supply for any purpose.
- Only one entry per student permitted. Only the latest entry will be considered.
- Entries containing plagiarized material or off-topic content will result in disqualification.
Share this Scholarship with your friends: